1.2.2 vs 1.2.3 firmware

I discovered there are only a few days the existence of the 1.2.3 firmware, and we applied our liaison 5.5 km on both our B5i; we were under the version 1.2.2 since its release, and VERY satisfied major improvements with version 1.2.2 (never more cuts, more erroneous detections signals DFS, very good reactivity for changes channels in case interference …).

I am very skeptical with version 1.2.3:

• At the reboot of B5i, they took TWO days to stabilize before finding the right channels, and while these two days there were constant change channels due to DFS signal detection (bad memories with the 1.1 firmware …) and even 3 cuts (a few tens of seconds, but hey, we’re in production with about 400 users behind!) in 48 hours.

• After stabilization channels, both B5i (which I set to occupy a total width of 80 MHz) snap to a unique 80 MHz channel, rather good quality indeed. But the radio-electric environment is exactly the same as with the firmware 1.2.2, where B5i were keyed to 2 x 40 MHz non-contiguous and very far one from other, which brought me a sensation (?) of strength, I thought that if a channel became very disturbed (which has happened), the B5i would keep at least one of the two channels at 40 MHz, the time to find a natural frequency also for the 40 remaining Mhz.

• Finally, strange thing: while B5i are keyed for several days on a single channel continuous 80 MHz wide, the dashboard always shows in “Channel Recommendations used by Auto Everything” three suggestions of 2 x 40 MHz … but never switches to the recommendations. With version 1.2.2, the recommendations were always followed by an automatic setting change in the following minutes or tens of minutes.

Subsidiary question: is it possible to downgrade from 1.2.3 to 1.2.2 without risk?

I’m installing it now on several links. I would suggest setting your maximum to 40MHz if you don’t want the radios to use more than that. As for speed of changes, 1.2.2 wasn’t that fast either unless the link had serious problems.

Thanks for your advice Rory. I’d like to use 80 Mhz, but on two non-contigous 2 x 40 Mhz channels.

Setting the max channel size to 40Mhz means 40MHz per channel or a total of 80MHz.