A5 14dBi CPE response time high

Hi!

I have 41pcs of C5/C5X25 CPEs on an A5 14dBi, the AVG ping time is 50ms.

Will it resolve near the future? I mean about TDMA window size 2ms.Sorry for my english.Thank you for reading.

Is this the ping from the A5 to the CPE? or a ping from somewhere else to somewhere else?

Hi! Yes, as you can see on the picture.

Can you try pinging from a device on one side of the A5 to a router/other device beyond the C5(whatever version you have)?

On the A5 and C5 devices, the process that responds to pings is really really low priority, like if there is anything else to do the device will do it before responding to a ping (in my experience, most companies equipment is the same way). So I recommend pinging from a device on both sides of the link because a ping across the link will give you an accurate measurement of the actual links latency instead of all sorts of extra time spent waiting around for the processor in each device to respond.

Thanks for your quicky,but the response time in any case is the same.

I’ll try to be more clear: Ping from anything that is not a radio to anything on the other side of the radio link that is also not a radio.

Other questions to answer:

Could you post a picture of your Channel & Power pages on the A5 and some of the C5 devices?

Also a picture of your “Clients” >> “PHY Stats” page on your A5 might also be helpful.
Should look something like this:

Also could you say if you are using SRS or WiFi Interop mode on your A5?

What kind of throughput are you pushing through your AP?

Is the latency constant or is it intermittent?

Hi! The response time is the same from any side with any protocol.

Other questions to answer:

Could you post a picture of your Channel & Power pages on the A5 and some of the C5 devices?

Also could you say if you are using SRS or WiFi Interop mode on your A5?

What kind of throughput are you pushing through your AP?

Is the latency constant or is it intermittent?

Here are the pictures:
AP

CPE WORST

MOST CPEs

I’m using SRS mode, and i don’t want to use interop if possible.
There’s about 10ms different beetwen peak(~150Mbps) and iddle.
The latency aproximetly constant.
Thank for wasting your time for me.

No problem, this is my pastime/hobby. Side benefit: I have family from Hungary. Visited them a few years back, beautiful country.

I would try dropping your channel width down to 40 MHz for a little bit to see what happens.

I have seen occasions where small amounts of interference that don’t show up on the Spectrum Analyzer have effected the rate that I can transmit. Using the smaller channel size will minimize the amount of noise your system can hear and increase your SNR (you really want to keep that above 28 dB if you can. As you can see most of your customers are below which is not a good sign.

Some informative reading: http://ap.help.mimosa.co/ap-ug-wireless-client-stats-240
And: http://ap.help.mimosa.co/access-point-faq-sensitivity-for-each-mcs-index
and: http://ap.help.mimosa.co/access-point-faq-evm

By improving these we should easily improve your latency issue as well as improve your overall throughput significantly. (Unless there is some other issue, but we shall see what happens when you drop channel size)

Another thing you could fiddle with to help increase your RX and TX rate (which if they are lower will increase your latency, you will also get more times where a packet has to be re-transmitted which means higher latency as well.) is this link: http://ap.help.mimosa.co/srs-tuning-agc

For comparison I have a sector with 28 customers, but who are significantly further distance then any of your customers. Running SRS and on a 20 MHz wide channel. This is what I get when I do a ping from a device in the tower to a customer router.

sent=60 received=60 packet-loss=0% min-rtt=13ms avg-rtt=33ms max-rtt=83ms

I was already try any channel widht, i think the problem in the number of subscribers.If i degrease CPE-s to 30 ,the response time go down to 30ms.I will write more soon…