A5C and reported Radar Hits

We have several A5C deployed. We have 1 which continues to report Radar Hits. Issue we have is that each time this occurs the radio chooses another channel and customers lose internet for a bit. Not good when so many people are working from home and now learning from home. Has anyone experienced this issue. The radio is located in a very rural area and we can not fathom where the radar is coming from. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Could you post your channel and power settings as well as what antenna you are using?

William5,
Antenna used is a KP65. Current channel 5290 DFS. Channel Width 80 Mhz. Primary channel 52. Transmit power set to Auto. Thank you for your help.

What is the gain of the antenna you have set in the Channel and power settings?

Sorry for the delayed response.
Then antenna gain is 18 dB. AGC mode set to Auto.

Trying using a non-DFS frequency.

Your sector is seeing something coming in on that frequency.

We will look at see how congested the area is on a non-dfs channel.
Thank you for your time and assistance.

Hmm, that’s an interesting one then. I wonder if there are other APs in the area that might be causing you issues.

I know I am ~20 miles from the nearest radar station, but I can still see it’s signal easily from many of my APs not even pointed in it’s direction. Somewhere I have a google map of all the radar stations and their frequencies, if I can find it I will post it, but that would be my primary guess is that there probably is just a really weak DFS radar nailing you…

Interestingly we have a rather large air traffic control center ~40 miles away. It would be a weak signal and given weather conditions it could in theory reach this far.

I wouldn’t doubt that they could be hitting you. I would check to see what frequencies they are using and try to avoid those like the plague. The FCC has been on the hunt recently for people misbehaving very badly in the DFS range, you are far from that, but it’s always a good idea to avoid their notice.

where would you find the frequencies they are using?