A5C as backhaul?

can I use pair of A5C as a backhaul, with only one pair of connectors enabled/connected?
I need to do some temporary solution on existing jirous-29duplex antennas, possibly to attach one more for 4x4 on near site, but other one remain with 2x2 only. Should I use some terminators on N free connectors?
Is it possible or should I stick to B5c ?
It could be better for me to put A5c, since after 2 months link wont be needed anymore and I could utilise A5C better than b5c in other part of network.
Please advise.

The A5c won’t work as a client to another A5c,

What you can do is use the A5c as the AP and a C5c as the CPE.

You would need adapter cables to go from the SMA connectors on the C5c to the N connectors on the Jirous antenna, but those are prolific, cheap and in my experience work pretty well.

how about
A5C to C5x ? will it work?

or A5c to B5c ?

Sad that A5c has no option to be client or wireless bridge :frowning:

Well, technically, it is a wireless bridge, but it can only be the AP of the bridge.

Yes, the C5 Line are all designed as Point to Multi Point Clients. To be clear, the whole C5 line will connect to any of the A5 Line. If you are trying to do a Point to Point on the cheap, you can use a C5c or C5x as both the AP and the Client in the link. (Cheaper then the B5 line if you only need something temporarily or if you will be shifting around how you are connecting a client)

The B5c is a Point to Point product, it will only connect to another B5 or B5c because of differences in the wireless protocol being used. Depending on how much bandwidth you are wanting to pass through the link a B5 or B5c might be the better option because it will perform better under most conditions.

If you think the link will only be temporary, but you want to be able to turn the AP of the PTP link around and use it as an AP for PTMP then doing an A5c connecting to a C5c or C5x would probably be the better way to go unless you really want to do a lot of low latency bandwidth.

Ok thanks for claryfing, I understood the point of dependencies within mimosa products family.
yet still not fully satisfied :confused:
my link is 11,5km (7.2mil) long and I’ve tried c5x but its not enough and as one site is in dense urban area I suppose I need GPS sync to mitigate noise problem.
I need to have at least 500/500 mbps or better 700/300 bandwidth. And as I mentioned as far as I will get fiber there link wont be needed so I wanted to give a try to Mimosa. As I’m impressed with what c5x can do.
I’ve connected first customer to my wireless network in 2003, so since then I’ve experienced many different ways of delivering service to customer, since 802.11b it’s been a lot of different solutions others vendors that I used. Sad that it’s impossible to have one of the top shelf Mimosa products to work as PtP solution.

Most probably I’ll try to put
A5C with two dishes one H/V and other with slant 45’ polarization and one or two clients with c5c/c5x working side by side as a quasi ptp scenario.
Is it gonna work or again syncronization between two clients on the same spot will deliver problems?

Cool,

FYI, the GPS sync will only mitigate noise from other Mimosa GPS synced devices (Ex. B5, B5c, A5 or A5c with GPS Sync turned on and setup properly) in the area. While it works way better then any other GPS sync I have use, it’s only 50/50 split with a 10 ms Window at the moment.

As far at top of the line, the A5c isn’t designed for it. You are trying to use a passenger train to carry coal. It’s top of the line, but not for that purpose. That said, now that I think about it Mimosa actually has a video about doing a link like this though… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yN1i8xoDLk

With GPS Sync you should be fine, both of the client radios will wait for their turn to transmit and won’t step on each other or the AP when it is talking.

Many thanks again! what You write sounds very clear to me :slight_smile:
Cool video, indeed my example is quite similar as my far end is powered by solar panels too.
And now I see bright light at the end of a tunnel for my passenger train carrying temporarily some coal :wink:
So last question, do I think right that A5C can use 80+80mhz channels so If I would connect one c5c to one freq and other one to different freq, can they receive/transmit simultanously? because if not, I see that despite 10ms frame :frowning: I won’t be able to achieve more than Mimosa’s spectral efficency of 80mhz channel.

Once again THANK You for answers to my lame questions, I’m new to Mimosa world, and other vendors taught me to think other way :wink:

ps.sorry for my faulty English, hope I’m understandable.
ps2. huh this grid antenna from video is hughest I’ve seen for 5ghz. Smart guys they are , sad that blogis no more available.

The A5c only uses one channel, but you will get a lot of efficency out of that one channel.

I may not have total clarity about Mimosa’s MIMO setup, but my understanding is that the AP can transmit to more then 1 client at a time or it may be the other way around more then one client can transmit to it at a time, depending on the situation. It has to deal with the the 4 chains of the A5 and multi-path/differing arrival times of the signal to each element of the antenna. But it’s been a while since I have brushed up on MIMO stuff so I know I can’t be 100% clear at the moment. @DustinS would be the go to guy to ask about that stuff.

80 MHz can push a lot of bandwidth, I have pushed 200 Mbps in test situations through my A5cs on only 40 MHz channels and I have seen other people on the forums do the same in live networks. If you can find enough clean spectrum you should be able to do significantly more then that with 80 MHz of channel space.

That said, it didn’t register until just now that you are wanting to push +500 Mbps over your link. That is going to be difficult to even get close to with an A5c. Honestly, in congested areas, I would be hesitant to use any 5 GHz radio to reliably push +500 Mbps. But there are a lot of guys who use the B5 line and have posted pretty impressive results with it.