A5c Sector Antenna

Hello,

I’m ISP in Poland and im interested in your products - Mimosa A5c but there is no original antennas produced by you available in Poland to this product.

Can you give me any suggestions from you - which substitute could i use? I think about:
Extralink Magnum Sextor Antenna 4x 18 dBi 2xMIMO
or:
2x Ubiquiti Airmax Dual Sector 5Ghz 90/20 dBi

You can use any 2x2 V+H pol. sector as you’d like. (With 2x 90 degrees you can cover 180 degrees in one frequency!)
Only if you need 4x4 sector for future beam-forming and/or the highest capacity available there are ample suppliers. They’d refer to some US provider…

Thank you for your answer. I understand but which sector antennas should I use corretly? I am talking about polarization.

Clients antennas (Mimoca C5 client) are working as SLANT but sector antenna prefered by Mimosa (https://www.mimosa.co/Products/Access-Point/A5c) produced by Perfmormance Antennnas (https://www.kpperformance.ca/5ghz-17-tall-17-dbi-60-degree-sector-mimosa) are working only in polarization H+V and now it isn’t logic for me… At start we have got signal loss…

I have to agree with you I am also not 100% sure what the effect is of using slant CPE’s with H+V polarized AP antenna.
What we did find out is that the use of either slant C5 or standard H+P Mikrotik SEXTANT antenna didn’t see a difference in signals.
But according Mimosa whitepaper for a circulair polorized AP it doens’t matter so much what CPE is used. The only advantage of the ‘slant’ C5 would be it pick up less H+V signals that are considered ‘noise’…

So yes, it would be nice to have someone of Mimosa explain the performance of slant C5’s connected to a H+V sector?

Here we are!

In the slant to linear case, the MIMO processor has to do a bit more work to separate the two distinct data streams, by computing the optimal matrix required and multiplying it with the received data, but the end result is no overall signal loss occurs.

Source:

Ok, the computing will bring back the 3dB loss occurred in the slant to linear case (C5 to A5c with H+V antena).

Can I now make the conclusion that when a normal H+V CPE is used, we don’t have the 3dB loss out of miss-polarisation so we actually gain an extra 3dB in comparison to a same dBi C5?

The whitepapers make some statements but based upon slant to linear (C5 to A5c) and H+V/slant to circular.

But how is the math working in reverse setup? So A5c with 2x2 sector (only two of the streams used) that connects to 2x2 H+V standard mimo CPE?

The reason for asking is when working in ‘interop’ mode that is in-avoidable in migration (or even permanent use to avoid the extra inversion for that little bit extra performance (GPS/tdma)).
If I would have a similar gain 3rd party CPE would it achieve same signals as the C5? No matter what its polarisation is?

This is not taken in respect the slant setup will give some extra noise reduction at CPE since most other Wifi signal are predominantly HV orientated.
The extra noise reduction can be achieved by 3rd party too in fitting these in slant setup.