About the Network Design category

Planning wireless networks is vastly more complex than their wired counterparts. We have built the Mimosa Network Design Tool to enable you to effectively design and implement wireless networks. Mimosa Cloud Services revolutionizes this process with an intelligent, cloud-based planning and design tool set for wireless service providers. Use this space to help us build to best planning tool, that enables you to successfully design and deploy your network.

Who Am I and Where Did I come From?

Hi I’m Scott Wierstra. Welcome to our network design community channel! I am the Product Manager for the Mimosa Cloud, with my focus being on building our cloud platform to help you design, build and manage your wireless networks. I have been working for 17 years in enterprise software development and network management, and I am excited to have the opportunity to join these two areas together.

I joined Mimosa after signing up as a customer to a local WISP. After battling low quality internet for a premium price, I can see how WISP’s can disrupt the traditional cable market. I believe that Mimosa is the company with the best leadership and technology that will help you scale and build the wireless network of the future. We are here to offer you the best technology and support you need to meet the increasing capacity demands and manage spectrum so that you can give your end-customer the best possible experience.

Understanding your needs and wishes are important for the development of Mimosa. As key components of the future of internet, your feedback and ideas will help me build the right software solution to manage your networks and customers.

Current Major Features:

1. Point to Point Link Planning for the Mimosa B5, B5c and B5-Lite with an estimated real world link performance prediction.
  2. Path Analysis for 3rd Party Point to Point Radios.
  3. Ability to Save your entire backhaul network design and share it with your peers.
  4. Form 477 Deployment and Subscriber Report Tool
  5. Google Earth Link Flythrough Tool (Firefox and Safari Only)
  6. FCC Tower locations (United States Only)
  7. TDWR locations (United States Only)

Upcoming New Features:

1. Mimosa Access Point Planning tool.
  2. End Customer Planning Tool.
  3. Lead Generation Plugin for your WISP website
  4. Printable Point to Point Installation Report

How can you participate?

This is your community, you can use this space to share potential designs, ask for advice. Help other community members with their network designs, help us work on new features, improve existing features and anything else you can think of!

Use our help site!

I would ask if during real world prediction the software take in care even of building’s height.