B5c radar detect and frequency choosing

Hi,
we’re having some issue about “radar detect”, if it find some activity, b5 switchs its frequency to another, although it has fixed channel and not auto select.
The problem is that sometimes it chooses a very bad frequencya and also, I think, there aren’t any radar activity, but only some change about frequency in competitor’s wireless network.

Does anyone else have this problem? The version is 1.5.1

I hope mimosa improves its firmware in the choice of frequency after radar detect.

I have had that happen. Make sure you have correct gain settings for your antenna otherwise weak or spurious signals will make false DFS hits and make your life miserable.

Next would be to check on Mimosa’s Design site to see if there are any registered Radar locations nearby you. (look out ~15 miles or a bit more, they can be quite powerful) We have one to our south that we avoid like the plague.

Im here in Germany and have also positive false Radar detection, because too many Providers are in the Air. There is only one Wether Radar on 5620Mhz in my Area. For Future, i must use Mikrotik in Superchannel Mode to solve this. I discussed that by Email over days with Mimosa Support without result. Here is the last Answer:

Hi Jurgen,

I’ve had a response from my support guys. Due to strict German Regulations, we do not have a ‘Licenced mode’ for your region.

Apologies, I’m not too familiar with the German regulatory framework and was not aware.

May I suggest you contact our support team directly, via the support button on the cloud site? Hopefully, they will be able to optimise for your environment within the German legal restrictions.