B5c tcp very slow

Im having a problem i have ptp b5c latest version bandwidth test 500mps between A and B but when i transfer data from pc in A network to pc in B network the transfer very slow 2mps max data over tcp what can i do to solve this problem

Well there are quite a few things that could be an issue. Not a lot to go on from your post, so I will give general suggestions.

I find it’s best to use the OSI model to map out how I should look for problems, check layer 1 first (physical connections) then layer 2 (Ethernet/wireless) and move your way up, Layer 3 (in this situation it could be some sort of firewall), layers 4-7 are not all that important here but it might be a good idea to make sure there isn’t anything limiting the computers themselves.

So in order of checks I would do:

Cabling, check to make sure everything is connecting at 1 Gbps, a 10 Mbps cable connection could cause this issue. If a computer is on a wireless connection then I would check to make sure there are not any issues there as well.

Check to make sure there isn’t some sort of firewall or that your routers, switches are all happy.

From there make sure your computers can actually transfer more then 2 Mbps (I am assuming that you mean Mbps because mps doesn’t mean anything to me)

Thanks, Mr. William for your support I did what you told me and I found the problem and I hope you can help me to find the solution
I checked the cables everything was perfect cat6a Dlink brand shielded but the RG 45 connectors are not attached to the aluminum foil in the cable because they are plastic connectors the normal one but what was happening is that the POE sometime show 1Gbps next 10 min downgrade to 100Mbps later on, I see 10Mbps both the remote and local are having the same problem I don’t know if the Poe is not good but they are brand new I want to know if I downgrade the firmware from 1.5.1 to 1.4.4 can solve the problem and what is the lowest voltage I can use to power the mimosa up because I’m thinking of using external batteries and connect the mimosa direct (DC power) and if I can use Mikrotik Poe 1G injector
note that i don’t have earth cable connected on both location i don’t know if this can cause this problem or maybe the interference is causing the Poe or the ether port in mimosa unit become unstable and start to downgrade the link and sometimes link show 1Gbps but there is no data path through so i restart the unit when it comes back on it show 100Mbps some time i restart more then one time
I want to use direct power connection from batteries because I want to avoid AC power may be the AC power causing the Poe become crazy
Do you have any solution

yes mps don’t mean anything just mistyping

The aluminum foil in the cable should be connected to your ground. I would recommend connecting the ground of your antennas to a ground as well, it will protect the antennas from some electrical issues in the future.

So both antennas are dropping their Ethernet negotiated rates over time? And the router they are plugged into is the same on both sides of the link? Is this happening at the same time? Does rebooting the antenna reset the Ethernet to 1 Gbps (I think Mimosa displays it as 1000 Mbps)? What about unplugging the other end of the Ethernet connection from the Switch, Router or PC they are plugged into?

I would not recommend downgrading the firmware, but it probably can’t hurt to try. Remember to do the further side of the link first.

Here is the full spec sheet which should give you your power limits:
https://mimosa.co/products/specs/b5c
I am not clear about exactly what you are doing, Mimosa only has an AC PoE injector. You would have to use a 3rd party PoE injector to power your antennas with DC. I doubt the AC is causing the issue, possibly if you have extremely bad power, but that feels far fetched to me.

It could be that the cables are picking up interference, connecting the aluminum shielding could help with that issue significantly.

not both antennas are dropping at the same time but both antenna i use for them online ups one of the antenna when i remove the power source from the ups the link become 1Gbps and when i plug the power source back to the ups the link start reply request time out and downgrade to 100mbps or 10mbps i changed the ups and the problem did not change because this I’m thinking maybe the power source or interference or maybe because i did not connect the rg45 foil can i downgrade to 1.4.4 from 1.5.1 with no problem and where can i find 1.4.4 firmware because i only can find 1.4.5 and if i can use ubiquity Poe 48v or TP-Link Poe Switch 48v to power the unit

Thanks,

they are both connected to Dlink 1G switch on every side some time when i reboot it show 1000Mbps but no traffic path thru because i try to ping a router connected to the same switch i only get request time out and after 10 to 15 min the link go down to 100mbps and i start see reply but also i see request time out to much packet loss from the router and when i unplug the cable from the switch mimosa show link down and when the link become 10mbps i can’t access the webpage using ether cable i need to unplug the power cable to restart the unit or access the unit A from unit B using wireless connection and do reboot

Ping from ( PC ==> Switch === > Antenna A <=500Mbps Wireless Link tested => Antenna B === > Switch <====> Router)

Cables tested both side
ups i changed both side
switch i changed both side

when both side have 1000Mbps and i do ping i get full reply without request time out and all work perfect for some time

Thanks,

Ok, just to help me out a bit, if your next post could separate out the ideas a little bit. I get a bit confused with your long paragraphs of text. (I am doing this on my free time so I am not able to throw 100% of my attention into it, sorry I don’t work for Mimosa, I just have been helped a lot so I try to help out.)

So, both antennas have the same problem, but not at the same time. It only happens after you plug the antenna’s PoE injector into a battery backup (which you have changed to verify that it’s not just a bad battery backup)

Just to clarify, does the issue occur if you don’t plug the PoE for the antenna into the battery backup? If not, then it could be that the manufacture of the battery backup is using a really junky inverter which is causing your issues.

I don’t know about downgrading to 1.4.4, Mimosa is the only place I know of that has the firmware, I have a stockpile of the A5 and C5 firmwares, but I don’t have any of the B5 stuff. You could try going to 1.4.5, but I don’t think this is a firmware issue, so you could be causing yourself more headache by trying the downgrade.

As far as PoE, as long as it’s normal (4 pin) PoE it should be fine, but I know that Ubiquiti has an 8 pin PoE for the AF-24 which would not work and might damage your link. Check to make sure which kind it is before plugging it into your radios, if you are unsure see if you can find the model number and I can try looking it up for you. If the TP-Link PoE Switch can do “802.3 at” or “802.3 af/at” it should power the radio just fine. Personally I would try the TP-Link Switch first because that one might be way easier to deal with.

Thank you for the network map. I think focusing on the Layer 2 problem should be your first priority, it’s really hard to diagnose higher OSI Model layer issues when there are underlying problems. So let’s focus on getting the Ethernet rates to stay stable which means figuring out how best to power the radios.

Thanks William for your time I will keep my focus on layer 2

till we solve this problem

Thanks,