C5c GUI freeze, then reboot itself

Hi!
I’ve a link with two C5c, but AP becomes unresponsive, although link continues passing traffic. I can’t enter into GUI, and Cloud mark the link as down (sometimes warning about AP, and sometimes about critical both).

After an indeterminate period of time, the AP seems reboot itself, link down, then link up, and everything go alright again… Until the process repeat itself.

If manually “reboot” the AP by PoE, everything go ok.

The questions… is a defective unit? Is a firm problem ?
What can i do ?

Thanks!

Problem snmp C5c in Ptp configuration

Ok. Rebooted.
Partial log:

2018-01-07 20:12:50 (UTC +0000) root: MIMO_EVENT Prepare.json stagnating. Restarting service ...
2018-01-07 20:24:22 (UTC +0000) root: MIMO_EVENT Prepare.json stagnating. Restarting service ...
2018-01-07 20:26:55 (UTC +0000) root: MIMO_EVENT Prepare.json stagnating. Restarting service ...
2018-01-07 20:33:20 (UTC +0000) root: MIMO_EVENT Prepare.json stagnating. Restarting service ...
2016-01-01 00:00:00 (UTC +0000) root: MIMO_EVENT Running Firmware Version: 2.4.0-PTP

update both c5c and Ap firmware
2.4.0.3-beta-1
Latest A5/A5c Device
Firmware Release
2.4.0.3-beta-1
Latest C5/C5c Device
Firmware Release

Where is beta firmware???
Latests firmware PTP is 2.4.0

Pretty sure you have to be in the beta program to see the beta software. If you send Mimosa a message they should be able to flip the switch for you.

Their Support guy Jeff hooked us up on it.

As far as I can see though, the beta program is as stable as the normal channel, speaking highly of both not low of either. Normally though I wont go to the beta stuff unless it is to fix a particular problem.

Good luck.

Alejandro1, you are correct for PTP on the C5, 2.4.0, is the latest firmware. We would need more information especially the SupportInfo logs prior to any reboots on the C5c. Please contact our Support team either via live chat at http://support.mimosa.co or email at support@mimosa.co

Umm… I can’t enter GUI to download support files when it’s freezed. :frowning:
You can see logs in cloud.

For now, i’ve downgraded to 2.3.3-PTP, and disable SNMP monitoring…
And link is up for +9h, and GUI is still ok!!!

i’ll upgrade to 2.4.0-PTP now. And check SNMP switch… :thinking:

How often does this cycle repeat itself? (everything ok, AP unresponsive, link down, link up)

I can’t find a pattern: sometimes two times in a hour, sometimes one time in four…
The link is still active with v2.3.3-PTP !!!

I’ve disabled snmp monitoring checks.
I’ll try to enable it to see if the C5c freeze again.

Let us know.
Do you use the Mimosa Cloud stuff?

Yes. But when GUI is freezed (i can’t login), AP and STA don’t send data to cloud,
so in cloud’s graphs only see an hole without data, and constants warnings/errors about “lost connectivity”. In this mode, the bridge is still passing traffic, but can’t log and don’t send data to cloud, until it’s reboot itself and all becomes right.

Since downgraded to 2.3.3-PTP and block SNMP, (+1 day ago!!!), the link is ok.

Did it start freezing up again when you turned on SNMP? I am guessing that there is no other Mimosa gear throwing a fit over being polled by your SNMP server, in which case I would double check what your SNMP queries are. Seems like a complicated enough protocol that a bad query could cause things to crash.

Alejando, please contact our Support team at http://support.mimosa.co or email us at support@mimosa.co. We would not expect that moving from 2.4.0-PTP to 2.3.3-PTP would improve access to the device’s GUI and we would like to look at your C5c. For GUI related issues, we typically suggest trying with a private or incognito browser session and/or trying a different browser.

The GUI related issues, are not my browser’s fault. The device turn irresponsive:
curl -I http://device.ip or wget http://device.ip
give me a timeouts. Sometimes (about 1 of 10-12 times) answer with redirect to port 443, and timeouts again.

After 3d 17h 10m of link uptime, and a link availability of 99.940%, i just “unblock” snmp monitoring from TheDude to C5c. Maybe a snmp bug…

Firmware 2.3.3-PTP.

I’ll wait a few hours, and check device again.

Thanks for the update. Any chance you could try a different SNMP manager or a continous snmp walk over a period of time?

Alejandro, another update. We are not hearing from any other customers who are reporting SNMP related problems either 2.3.3 or 2.4.0.3-beta-1, however we are running some additional SNMP tests. We would be interested to know how often your Dude server is running SNMP queries, and would it be possible to send us the configuration from you Dude server?

I’m using default Dude values: 30s probe interval with 10s timeout.
Remember that i’m using 2.X.X-PTP versions in C5c.

For now, i’m using 2.3.3-PTP and SNMP enabled, and everything goes OK.
The link is in production, so i must wait a little to upgrade to 2.4.0-PTP

The config from Dude item:

[oid(“1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0”)]
[Device.Name]

FREQ: [oid(“1.3.6.1.4.1.43356.2.1.2.6.1.1.6.1”)]Mhz @ [oid(“iso.3.6.1.4.1.41112.1.4.5.1.14.1”)]Mhz
Wireless Uptime: [oid(“1.3.6.1.4.1.43356.2.1.2.3.4.0”)]
Link: [oid(“1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.5.1”)/1000000]M

[snmp_uptime()]

Ummm… snmp_uptime() is [oid(“iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysUpTime.sysUpTimeInstance”)] and show me about +255days uptime!!!