Discovery Tool?

I see lot’s of current and former UBNT users in here. I really miss a discovery tool.

Agreed. I have a B5c that I took down and now I don’t know what it’s IP address is. :-\

We have some discovery options on our release roadmap. No commit date yet, but we do have the feature request submitted. In the meantime, you can discover the IP if you run the arp command from a device connected to the same switch as the radio.

Windows / DOS:
arp -a | findstr 20:B5:C6

Mac / Linux:
arp -a | grep 20:B5:C6

Otherwise, you could reset and use the default password.
More about this here: http://backhaul.help.mimosa.co/backhaul-faq-default-ip-address-password

I saw the ark command, but didn’t have any luck. I started to do the reset comma but then I realized I had more important things to do and we’ll have to come back to this later.

I know this is an older topic, but sure could use a discovery tool. ARP doesnt seem to always work.

I’m with you guys on this, a discovery tool would be greatly appreciated. This post is dated back to 2016 and yet no discovery tool.

Hi all,

Let me push this on to the Product team!

I would love it if you guys would implement either CDP or LLDP.

Any news on a discovery tool? There has to be an easier way than trying the arp command, which almost never works for me. I loose so much time trying to remember every IP address I can possibly think of and trying to access the interface for hours. Mimosas are great, but the lack of a discovery tool is a major weak point.

No news to share. We’ve talked about it and we want to do it. Hopefully somewhere down the road!

I tend to just us the AP as my Discovery tool. Mimosa’s Client table has never led me astray (unlike the old Rocket M APs) and we almost always use static addresses that we derive from the Customer’s IP in the bandwidth limiter.

Also, if you are not connected to an AP, Netonix’s ARP Table will almost always get the IP of any Mimosa equipment I have attached to it.

Another Also, if you are up to date you can use the fallback address of 168.254.200.20/16

@William5 169

/20char

Ya’ll might want to update this then: http://client.help.mimosa.co/client-faq-default-ip-address-password

Value Wired Ethernet *Fallback IP Address
IP Address 192.168.1.20 168.254.200.20
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 255.255.0.0

Ugh ok. Thanks!

/20char

You also sent me for a loop with that “/20char” stuff, thought I was also supposed to be using a /20. You just needed Filler. That’s why people have funny quotes.