Eth problems link B5c - mimosa

We have a mix of about 30 B5/B5C devices plugged into Routerboard 1100AHx2 and Routerboard CCR1009 and Netonix switches. I havent noticed any eth issues on any of them.
We always use shielded outdoor cat5e or shielded outdoor cat6 and have had good success so far with the Platinum Tools ezrj45 shielded connectors.

We have had many problems with UBNT toughcable shielded ends over the years… are you using these ends?

Well there is one link that with a B5C the eth only locks at 100mbps to a netonix switch, and I have let it run like that for months until i visit the site again, but im sure its because it was installed with very old cable and ends because it was just replacing a Mikrotik radio and is used for spectrum analyzer only so far. It doesnt flap.

We’re using Toughcable carrier and the UBNT ends. We’re going to try the ezrj45 connectors but the problem is that any pretty much any other device just works at 1G on cable runs that Mimosa kit won’t

Thanks

In our case we have several sites, which have 1 site that works perfectly mikrotik rb3011 with two B5c never hear problems.
At another site a B5c runs smoothly on the rb3011 mikrotik and other B5c the interface is down and up, the solution it was to downgrade to 1.31.
Another site not work with our mikrotik ccr1009, the solution was to put a swich TPLINK which works very well.
Another site works perfectly with our mikrotik ccr1009.
The conclusion, which can be hardware problem mimosa B5c because it was tested several models of mikrotik, the next step is to use a netonix, but if you have a problem with too netonix, I will use tp-link that already know it works.

We have the same problem with communication Gigabit exchange mimosa and had certainly some manufacturing lot of mimosa is defective. I note that on the site that have problem the cable is used Furukawa 50m Cat6a for outdoor use and this site have digital radios with -48v voltage.
We tested various configurations in connection to the mimosa: RB1100AHX2, CCR1009, RB2011, RB3011 and even Gigabit media converters Edimax.

We also have ethernet issues with the mimosa. When we install dummy switches. The packet loss goes away but 1 connection tcp drops to horrible speeds. UDP works great. When using 1 connection the performance compare from a airfiber5 to a mimosa. The af5 have 90% more bandwidth. Same with mikrotik backhauls.

I am thinking by install the dummy switch is a way to hide the real problem. You packet loss will go away but you will have bad performance.

I am however going to try a 3011 on both ends and also test with laptops.

exchange B5c the radio and now the interfaces are synchronizing gigabit. after much analysis came to the conclusion that the problem was the mimosa equipment. unfortunately it is no longer under warranty.

You can spend the fimware 1.3.1 to make a downgrade. I’m having the same problem. thanks

Hi Jose,

Before you downgrade to an old version, please try adjusting the new Ethernet settings which are meant to address the problem you have.

Preferences > Management > Network Interface
Ethernet Port = Auto
Autoneg Mode = Try Manual Slave or Manual Master to see which one works better for you

I’ll send you a private message about the downgrade.

Hi Cris have a network with more than 12 thousand users and passing more than 5Gigas data, the idea was to migrate some problems AF5 with saturation signal spectrum. You can imagine that before writing in the forum more than 48 hours ago do all kinds of tests which the report also Mimosa representative in Argentina. I finally got the version 1.3.1 and the interface remains in 1Giga more than 4 hours and spending more than 200Mbytes. Resealler happens to the data from my account and B5 Mimosa teams if they want to review. I am here to contribute and help in whatever is improved.
Regards, Ing. Jose Luis Flego

Hey guys,

We had the same problem here and we decided to source 48v gigabit of Ubiquiti. Yes, it seems a joke but it is not! the original source of mimosa gives much trouble. putting this source 48v gigabit ubiquiti, it works perfectly.

hello friend, I would like you to share some photos of your poe UBIQUITI mimosa connected and accessing the computer.
You had problems ethernet ethernet up and down?
I have that problem and can not find the solution in some forums brazil say the solution is to put the radio to ground.

Mimosa PoE’s provided with B5/B5c are equipped with built-in lightning protection. Their circuit sometimes exposes ground loops between tower and AC ground. Installing an alternate PoE masks the ground loop problem, and does not provide lightning protection. In cases where you have installed a substitute PoE, we recommend installing the Mimosa Gigabit Network Interface Device (NID) at the point of building ingress: http://mimosa.co/product#accessories-section

hola chris, veo que has notado que hay muchos problemas con la cuestion de ethernet up y down, en mi caso tengo puesto un nuevo enlace de solo 10 km usando 2 mimosa b5c. Pero en el punto A el ethernet fluctua entre UP y DOWN y no es posible dejar el enlace en produccion ya que obviamente se queda sin internet, y de hecho en estos momentos no esta en la nube, debido a ese error. Puedes revisar los logs si te es posible. Lei en un foro de brazil, llamado under-linux (si pudieras darte una vuelta) que han solucionado ese problema aterrizando el radio mimosa b5c a tierra. Sin embargo desconozco si eso solucione mi problema, ya que apenas he leido ese post y el dia lunes estare realizandolo. Escucho tus sugerencias. Hemos hecho de todo, por si las dudas, cambiar cable, conectores, etc, etc.

Hola Miguel, saludos .
Miguel, como ya he dicho, yo soy uno de los primeros casos de éxito con B5c en Brasil. Estamos ubicados en Rio Grande do Sul, cerca de la Uruguay y Argentina. bueno, lo que provoca una gran cantidad de dudas es que estas fuentes POE originales de la mimosa no están cerrando gigabit. Todavía no había cogido este problema, pero la semana pasada, hemos tenido este problema, así que tuve que correr detrás de la solución. Mi relación es 9,3 km y pasa la mayor parte del ancho de banda, ya que es una parte de nuestra red de retorno. en un par de días me encontré con el problema y este fue el POE originales. para probar varios modelos de POE, que en realidad resultó perfecto era la fuente de gigabit Unifi 48v. con este poe podría estabilizarse. También probado con las fuentes de SIAE 48v y Linkou perfectamente. todo lo que me lleva a pensar que hay algún problema en las fuentes originales de la radio POE. Soy un gran fan de la marca de mimosa, pero esto ya está dando muchos dolores de cabeza en muchas personas. Espero a reparar rápidamente este problema. 1.4.4 firmware actual
Banda actual: 800 MB dúplex completo.
signo: -51dbm
9,3 kilometros
antenas: Algcom 90cm inclinada pol slant.

Así és lo resultado final.
Equipos testados:
Rb 1100ah OK GIGABIT
Sw Cisco sf300 24P OK GIGABIT

excelente enlace, buen rendimiento.

respecto al problema con el POE, en esta pagina encontre otra supuesta solucion
https://under-linux.org/showthread.php?t=185241&page=13

la puesta a tierra de la radio se supone elimina el problema de ethernet conectado y desconectado. sabes algo al respecto?

o tu unicamente cambiaste de POE y se soluciono todo?

podrias subir una imagen de tu analisis de espectro? tu ancho de banda es impresionante.

Hola miguel, saludos.
Realizaei varias pruebas, el aterrizaje de la fuente original al sistema de tierra de la torre, etc, etc … nada funcionó. ensayada con el cable blindado de nivel 2 y nada le … y, finalmente, he probado esta fuente modelo de 48v y todo empezó a funcionar a la perfección.

esto és lo que hay (analyzer combinado de los dos lados).

excelente amigo, tienes unos resultados realmente buenos.

respecto al poe te refieres a este?
https://www.syscom.mx/producto/POE48-UBIQUITI-NETWORKS-26242.html
aunque parece no ser gigabit y solo tener .5 Amperes, pero aun funcionando a 100 deberia de eliminarse el ethernet up y down constante.

espero en unos dias poder compartirte algunas fotos de mis enlaces, haber si nos ayudamos mutuamente.

saludos desde mexico, cancun.

Hola Miguel,
Los modelos que probé funcionaba bien y eran
la ubnt poe 48v GP-H480-050G con salida de 48V 0.5A y
modelo GP-1.2A 50V C500-120G
Estos dos modelos corrieron la radio correctamente impecable.
Recordando que tiene que ser el modelo Gigabit, ya que hay dos tipos de 48v poe de ubnt.
Recordando que tiene que ser el modelo Gigabit, ya que hay dos tipos de 48v poe de ubnt.
Lo interesante es que hemos blindado cable de 45m cat5e en la torre A y 38 m de cable blindado en la torre B. tiene cuentas en el foro, incluso utilizando los cables cat6 no puede operar la fuente original gigabit de radio. Me gustaría entender esto.