Feature Requests - B5 Products

Wow, thanks for the quick reply Jamie! Nothing too fancy, just the ability to shape download and upload speeds, bursting would be a nice additional feature. Also as Rory suggested, a specific speed test tool would be handy in cases where we would use the traffic shaping.

Hi @Bill,

We just announced Cloud+, which will include the following features:

6 months of device statistics
6 months of spectrum data
Basic email notifications
Custom network statistics reporting

Use our comparison chart for more detailed information:

Read the release here - http://mimosa.co/news/42/75/Please-Welcome-Cloud-Plus/d,flat-blog-detail.html

I’m not sure if this counts as a feature request or correcting an oversight, but perusing the community, I just found out that the B5c assumes that you are using the same antenna at both ends? I feel this is a mistake. When you have physical size limitations at one end of a link, you can compensate for that by going bigger on the other end of the link.

Is entering the antenna size so much of a hardship that it would be a pain to do it at both ends?
Doesn’t the DFS system need to know the correct antenna gain to function properly?

Hi Frank,

Independent antenna gain was intentionally omitted to simplify setup for the majority of users, but it will be added in a future firmware version because enough users like yourself have asked for it.

The asymmetry does add some complexity to Tx power control, EIRP, and Auto Everything logic, and requires a bidirectional exchange of settings between AP and Station upon association, so it isn’t a quick and easy add, but it is achievable and a matter of prioritization among other features at this point.

In the mean time, we recommend entering the higher of the two antenna gains on the AP. You are correct that DFS detection is EIRP-based, so you’ll want to be sure that an accurate antenna value is entered to avoid false positives.

Some Features

1. ssh access / console (important!)
  2. syslog facility
  3. snmp v3
  4. snmp access list (host)
  5. full log to syslog (DFS events are not logged to syslog)
  6. different tx power and gain settings on ap and station (different cable length/antenna)
  7. set of ntp server and time zone
  8. connector for external gps antenna (see ubiquitti)

i don’t need a 2,4 GHz console

Tom

The Full interference resiliency is the best way to transport a ruge bandwith using Mimosa B5C. we use and recomend this fantastic radio for this purpose.
the test mode function would be very helpful to the next firmware.
Tks.

Any update on the 1.3 release and the features being included? Always excited to see the improvements implemented by the Mimosa team.

@Leandro the interference resiliency with Dual Link (2x modes) are coming in 1.3, so that will be a continued big improvement. Not sure when we can slip test mode in but we know it’s important, will try to push that forward for you guys!

Any information on “interference resiliency” ?

Thanks for the reply Jaime. :smile:

Finally someone asked for SFPs…

:wink:

I’d like to see LLDP.

Can i ask why LLDP?

Ta

So it shows up in neighbor viewers like MT’s. Should something be fat fingered, it’s a lot easier to find.

Since there is a GPS receiver can you add an NTP demon so we can use the B5’s a stratum-1 time source?

im guessing there a NTP demon running all ready, you just need to allow access to it :wink:

Cheers

Devices that use GPS for positioning should also be able to use it for time.

Sure, but I cant conveniently mount a garmin handheld device on top of my office, we purchased a a GPS time server from TimeTools which has an GPS antenna on the roof. In the finance world we need very accurate clocks.

Right. I meant that our GPS radios should also do NTP time.

What is the current MTU?

Current MTU is 3200. Enough for MPLS :slightly_smiling: