Firmware upgrade stuck at 57%

Has anyone had a firmware upgrade get stuck at 57%? Mine has been there for… an hour? Page refresh still has it at 57%.

Power cycle fixed it.

When going from 1.1 to 1.2.x, a reset was suggested before downloading the new firmware. I rarely had the issue but a reboot always resolved the issue. We have 32 B5/B5c’s and very happy with the performance.

Mimosa radios are plug-pull safe, meaning that they have enough memory for two complete firmware images and built-in checks to ensure that they only boot with a valid image.

If a firmware update is interrupted or stalls for more than 5 minutes, a power cycle will restore the previous image and then you can restart the update.

More about the four phases of the firmware update process can be found here: http://backhaul.help.mimosa.co/backhaul-ug-firmware-update

I had another radio today hang at 72%. I didn’t wait nearly as long as the first one for it to “get over it”, but it still went for a good five minutes before I power cycled. Came up fine thus far.

Just thought I’d let you know in case you’re keeping track of the number of radios with firmware upgrade hangs. :wink:

Let’s see, that’s two for Mike…yes, keeping track. :wink:

What was the upgrade path (version from/to)? Were they rebooted beforehand? Were the radios associated and/or passing traffic at the time?

Brand new out of box. No idea what was on them at the time, going to 1.2.3.

Thanks for the info. We will attempt to replicate and will let you know what we find.

I had a A5 do the the same thing. After to attempts, it finally took the update.

The A5 firmware update code is entirely different from B5 even though the symptoms may be similar. We’ve made improvements to both products over time to prevent upgrade hangs, so we’re seeing this less often on newer units and newer firmware. The products are plug-pull safe, so it is OK to start over if it takes more than 5 minutes.