Mimosa plans for 802.11ax?

So, reading in the news about 802.11ax , I have to ask the question :
What is the timeline for 802.11ax to be incorporated into the Mimosa product line?

Perhaps it is not on a road map yet, and that is okay - but it may be time to start thinking about it?

Faster speeds, lower power - what could be better?

Here is some info that I found on 802.11ax :
https://www.wi-fi.org/news-events/newsroom/wi-fi-alliance-introduces-wi-fi-6
https://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/wi-fi-6

Thanks.

Hi @Rob_MCN,

Are you going to be at Wispapalooza next week? This would be an interesting topic to discuss with our products that will be at our party, our vendor spotlight, and at the booth.

I personally will be at the booth all day long Tues-Thurs.

If you aren’t attending, this would be a good topic to direct to David at david@mimosa.co. I’m sure he could tell you if it’s on the roadmap or not. If not then when it might be.

Looks like we will not be attending this year :frowning_face: Ill take your advise however and reach to david@mimosa.co and see if this is something that he has a pulse on yet.

If anyone else has any other “need to know” stuff about 802.11ax - please share!

I like to start talking about these things early as that can get a “ball rolling” - as we all know it can take a fair amount of time to get new technologies up and in production / even testing.

:slight_smile:

I’ve not seen much with any of the devices like Mimosa that are talking about “AX” or now as I guess it will be called WiFi 6?

Our in-house AP’s are now available with this mode (Aerohive), as I’m sure others of that market are presenting. I’ve only seen 2 consumer-grade AP/Routers, But otherwise there’s a pretty vacant consumer market for the other side of that coin, the client side!

AX could become a great standard for PTP and PTMP given its added abilities, so I might expect to see it become available here too in short order especially since it’s got IEEE standard attached…

While the numbers they present are quite large, it’s wireless, so it’s all theoretical math for that part. Spectral efficiency though has got to be a good addition on its own, even if you don’t get those magic thru-put numbers they claim, you’ll have a much more solid link in play.