MimosaB24 - wireless disassociated


#1

Hi,
I’m using fw 2.5.1-PTP 1x80FD … I see several times a day random wireless disassociated and associated

2018-12-16 07:58:27 (UTC +0000) root: MIMO_EVENT Wireless disassociated
2018-12-16 07:59:36 (UTC +0000) root: MIMO_EVENT Wireless associated
2018-12-16 10:11:53 (UTC +0000) root: MIMO_EVENT Wireless disassociated
2018-12-16 10:13:11 (UTC +0000) root: MIMO_EVENT Wireless associated


#2

Have you tried decreasing the channel size? If so and the issue persisted have you tried changing the 40 MHz channel around in the spectrum to see if it was a particular channel that was having interferance?

Could you share some more details about the link? Distance, Channel and spectrum, etc.?


#3

I have a problem on more PTP - about 6 or 7.
For example:

  • First link: 0,5km, TxPower -5dB, Signal: -47dB, 1x80FD, PHY Rate > 800Mbit/800Mit
  • Second link: 2km, TxPower 4dB, Signal: -60dB, 1x80, FDPHY Rate 520Mbit/520Mit

On Spectrum Analyzer seems to be clear.

I have a same problem with channel 2x80

Now I’m try to 1x40MHz on first link - thanks for advice.


#4

Hi @CRFree,

Please try changing your TDMA mode from Auto to a fixed mode (50/50 or 75/25). This can be done on the Link page in the AP radio.

Once you do this, please report back if you have any disassociations.


#5

Now its seems to be OK … but ping grow up about 6ms

I’m using fixed mode 50/50 and 1x80FD


#6

The 6ms is normal for fixed mode, but as the throughput goes up the latency will stay more consistent.


#7

When will Auto mode be fixed ?


#8

Hi all,

As @Marc5 mentioned Auto mode is having issues with intermittent interference. Its similar to the issues experienced before by @Daniel2 and several other posters. We have made quite a few improvements for it in 2.4.6.1 beta 4 and 2.5.0, but evidently there weren’t enough.

Our engineering team is working on resolving these issues and hope to have a permanent solution for Auto in the next firmware release. I do not have a timetable on this currently since we’re in the middle of the Christmas/New Years holiday break time.


#9

Hi,

Do you have any new information about the release of the new firmware?

Thank you


#10

Hi @CRFree,

The team is still working on a resolution to the Auto disassociation issue. I’ll be sure to update everyone as soon as I have something definite.

In the mean time please continue to use Fixed mode 50/50 or 75/25 with 2ms timing windows for the lowest possibly latency.


#11

Hi,
new beta FW 2.5.2-PTP-beta-3 seems OK in Auto 2x80 mode.
Thanks


#12

That’s great news! Thanks for the update


#13

Dustin and others,

I am new to Mimosa and new to radio installations in general.
Is it possible that this “root: MIMO_EVENT Wireless disassociated” difficulty could also be in the firmware for the C5c? I know I could make a new topic in that forum but maybe some of the answers are in this thread.
My link is PTP, 2.9 km, -41 dBm in Northern Mexico, 34dB antennas, 6070 GHz, 1x80 channel, 24dB power, reasonably clean spectrum at those frequencies above 6 Gig as you might guess, even for a Mexican city. Noise seems to hang around -87dB or so at worst. I have not seen any noticeable noise spikes. Firmware is 2.5.1. This link have been up for about 2 weeks and I just started seeing these “disassociated” and “associated” log messages yesterday.
After reading this thread and another on a similar topic, I just changed to TDMA 50/50. I will report back if the occurrences disappear.


#14

Yes please let me know if you continue seeing issues.


#15

So far, after 1 day, there have been no more disassociations while set for 50/50. The previous 3 days had multiple disassociations per day. I will try to remember to update this thread after some significant time has passed.


#16

@David56 we currently have 2.5.2 beta 3 which takes care of disassociations in Auto mode. I’ll add it to your account. You’re free to use it if you want, but it’s up to you. Other folks in this thread are using it


#17

I’d like to mention that I’ve just installed a B24 link and am experiencing exactly the same issue.

Link distance: 155m
Receive Strength: -36dBm
Interference: Nil

When I get a window of opportunity, I will modify the split from Auto to 50/50 to see if this helps and post back.


#18

Quick update - 3 days 5 hours uptime since the change to a 50/50 4ms split. Previously it was somewhere between 2 and 24 hours between disassociation events.