Other network Devices cross compatibility

Friends ,

Kindly we are need solution for this issue with MIMOSA link in the below

Design A

In this design when I use any wireless link I can ping and reach from A CISCO switch to B CISCO switch and from B CISCO switch to C switch and A CISCO switch to C CISCO switch and also we can get service ( (internet ) from each points.
Design B

In this design when I use mimsa B5 and infinet link in the same wireless network I can ping and reach from A CISCO switch to B CISCO switch and we can get service ( internet ) and from B CISCO switch to C CISCO switch and A CISCO switch to C CISCO switch we can t ping and reach it and also we can t get service ( internet I from B and C points

My question is : why this issue happened when we use mimosa B5 in our network ? please help me to get solution

Hi Rehan,

Older Cisco switches (3550/3750) that have DTP (Dynamic Trunking Protocol) enabled by default can cause bridging problems on B5/B5c links. I suspect that is the source of the problem here.

Cisco uses DTP to negotiate the appropriate trunking encapsulation on switches that support both ISL and 802.1Q trunking.

Inter-switch link (or ISL - a Cisco proprietary protocol) is not supported by Mimosa radios. If ISL is used between two Cisco switches that are connected with Mimosa radios, then the ability to manage Mimosa radios is lost.

When negotiation is configured, ISL is always preferred, with 802.1Q being negotiated only if either side of the trunk does not support ISL.

As 802.1Q is standards-based and is now widely adopted by many vendors, there is no need for DTP anymore.

Here is the sample configuration for configuring a trunk port (with DTP disabled using ‘switchport nonegotiate’):

interface FastEthernet0/12
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,270-300,415,1001-1010
switchport mode trunk
switchport nonegotiate

Please try this and let us know if it solves your problem.

Thanks for the response chris… Test in progress with your suggestino. will update you with the results.