Place for AP and Suscriber in PtP link

Hello

I have a PtP link made by 2 C5c equipment, with a 30 dBi dish,

Point A is in the hill
Point B is in the city
The distance is about 5.3 mi(8.5 Km)

When I put the A equipment as AP, the PHY PER grafh show 0-0.5% and the transfer between both sites are excellent, the MAC Tx/Rx (Mbps) is: 144 / 36, but I need the opossite in Tx/Rx, I need more upload than download in hill side, so I put the B point in AP mode, same channel size, same channel. When I put that configuration, things go very bad, the PHY PER grafh show 20-50% almost constantly, the MAC Tx/Rx (Mbps) is: 16 / 20 or less, and transfers between both sites are terribly bad, when I return to the original config: Point A(hill) as AP and point B(city) as suscriber, all return to excellent connection conditions.

Why the connection goes bad when the point B acts as AP? I need to allow transfer almost 100 Mbps to the point A, the issue is that my upload link are in the maxium permitted.

You have a lot of noise on the channel you are trying to use,

Could you take some screen shots of the Channel & Power pages on each of the C5cs?

Looks like your alignment isn’t bad, but I would also try setting up the link in the Mimosa Link Planner to make sure your signal is what you are looking for.

The point is, using the same channel, when the point A is configured as AP, the Tx in point B works without problem, using the same channel and configuring the point B as AP the Tx in point B is very bad, both cases are exactly the same conditions, the only thing change is who is the AP with the results described above. I think there are the same noise in both cases, but why just changing this configuration this noise is more evident when the point B is the AP

Alright, so you are in a high noise environment.

I would try dropping your channel width down to 20 MHz wide and start moving around in the spectrum to find some area that is clean. 20 MHz isn’t very wide, but it may be able to get you close to your 100 Mbps need. Also, antennas perform differently at different points in the spectrum, you might find a sweet spot that could help you out some.

You have the right idea with the high gain antennas, but I would double check the alignment. You are pushing out over 50dB of power and only have -48 over 5 miles, I have lower gain antennas going 6 miles only using 17 db of power and I have a better signal then you.