Question to Mimosa regarding B5 levels.
I have noticed that excessive signal to noise ratio is actually degrading the performance of the link. It looks like the optimum SNR in MY case is 28-35dB.
I reach 30dB SNR with an RX level of -50dBm and start to see lower performance when I reach levels of -45dBm (35dB SNR). RX level -50dBm is reached with a TX level of 14dBm.
Have a hard time accepting that this is related to RX overload at these levels.
Is this related to TX compression causing distortion? If that is the case, then where does the TX start to compress to the point where it impacts performance?
My problem is that I have 10dB noise floor difference between the two B5’s, so if I adjust the TX power to reach about 30dB SNR in the higher noise end, then I end up with close to 40dB SNR is the lower noise end.
My link distance is 2.4KM with free LOS using 2X80 Mhz.
Low noise end data:
TX power 17dBm
RX power -47dBm
High noise end data:
TX power 17dBm
RX power -48dBm
It would be very helpful if I could adjust the TX power on each unit individually to optimize the link. Now I have excessive TX power in one end to get good SNR in the higher noise end.
This would help performance and also keep the spectrum cleaner for other users.
It would be even better to have an “AUTO TX-Power” option with a target SNR for users that has varying noise floor.
Could start out with same power both ends and then gradually back off power if SNR too high.
I am very happy with the performance. Thank you for a great performing link.