Replacing RFC 2544 testing

I am wondering is there any method or features in the cloud managements tools that is similar to the result of RFC 2544. It seems that customer want us to repeat the RFC 2544 test in every installation site that is being installed. Seek advice of any method or features that compensate the same results and make the testing flexible and easier. Alias , Telecore, Malaysia

So, this is my first time looking at RFC 2544, but it seems to me that you need external testing to actually do the proper tests, as in, you can’t use the DUT (the Mimosa equipment in this case) as the testing equipment. Also the RFC is specifically designed to show a standardized performance statistics of differing networks, it’s not meant to be done for every install, the RFC itself says that it is a very time and energy intensive test to do.

What you could do though, is test one and then show that all other installs have the same/similar conditions, so it would be the similar RX/TX levels as well as MCS and such. I could maybe see an argument if you had wildly differing network connections for each install (like different manufactures/Routers/Backhauls/network conditions), but it seems to me they are just wanting some way to verify that all of the connections you are doing are going to perform similarly which you can show in other ways.

Otherwise tell them if they want the numbers it’s going to cost them.

Thanks for the fast response. True RFC 2544 is a time consuming and costly affair. We have done in the lab.
But it like repeating the same test which is not practical. I need to counter with the customer that we have sufficient info from the cloud management tools to indicate the quality of the link.
Is there any other info from the cloud tools that can be shared? Or a white paper somewhere that has been done.
Thanks. Alias

I mean, as I said, you could pull the link info and show that it is similar to what you have tested and holds up over a period of time.

This would at least show them that everything hold steady.

Another thing I thought of is if you were to setup a Raspberry Pi and do periodic testing through it you could probably show some good numbers. But I don’t know of anything nearly as strenuous as 2554 testing…