SNMP IDs for Mimosa

Does any one have a list of SNMP IDs?

Hi Samuel,

You can find the list of all of the OID’s here: http://backhaul.help.mimosa.co/snmp-oid-reference

If you need the MIB files, they can be found and downloaded from this site: http://backhaul.help.mimosa.co/snmp-mib-downloads

Any Cacti wizards out there who have made a B5 template yet?

-Rob

We have our first Mimosa B5lite running and I used the handy SNMP object reference and quickly got Cacti to graph the mimosaTotalRxPower.0 and that is handy. I am using firmware 1.3.1 on the Mimosa. I am consider myself an intermediate user of Cacti graphing lots of various vendor equipment, script output and other things. Usually I snmpwalk a new device, compare that output to what I find in MIBs or what I can compare and scrape from the device GUI and come up with some things I can graph to monitor the health of a device.

Usually an RF and/or wired Ethernet interface should get some traffic. I would not expect bridging or loopback to show anything useful.

Further…with a gigabit Interface…I would think I would need to use SNMP version 2/2c to read 64 bit counters to graph traffic above 100 megabit values.

When I do an snmpwalk over the entire Mimosa device…I am only able to get Counter64 values from these objects:
transmission.7.11.1.2.6 = Counter64: 0
transmission.7.11.1.3.6 = Counter64: 0
transmission.7.11.1.4.6 = Counter64: 0
transmission.7.11.1.5.6 = Counter64: 0
mib-2.26.2.1.1.14.1.1 = Counter64: 0

I seem to be seeing traffic values on Counter32 values only.

Using the standard generic SNMP interface discovery built into Cacti 0.8.7i…which interfaces should provide usable/valid traffic values?

Do you use only Counter32 values for interface traffic?

Do you plan to stay that way?

Do you expect all SNMP queries to use the generic standard SNMP interface discovery or do you have your own special objects we should read to get traffic bits passed through the radio and/or Ethernet interfaces?

Should we always use SNMP version 1 to read from the Mimosa?

Usually in a gigabit Cisco switch I have to use SNMP version 2 to get 64 bit counters that will show full gigabit throughput properly in a 5 minute interval.

In an industry standard 5 minute period of graphing using most any rrdtool system like Cacti, MRTG, etc in a 5 minute period you could see more traffic than would fit in a 32 bit counter and then cause the values to roll over and produce less than useful graphs. If you can help me understand…that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Another question to Mimosa…what values do you think are most critical that we should be graphing/monitoring to help us diagnose problems, see important trends, etc?

At the moment, RX signal and traffic seemed obvious…but I figured modulation rates of some sort might be good…but did not know which ones were most meaningful.

Hi Jeff,

Great questions. I’ll start with a short description about how the Mimosa MIBs are structured.

• MIMOSA-MIB is a top-level MIB which describes the root of Mimosa, Mimosa product IDs and Mimosa specific traps.

• MIMOSA-MIB-B5 describes values unique to the Mimosa Backhaul product family.

Near the top of the MIMOSA-MIB, there is a section called IMPORTS which shows that we support SNMPv2-SMI, SNMPv2-CONF, RFC1155-SMI and IF-MIB. We didn’t write these MIBs, and they are not specific to us, but we respond to requests for the values they contain.

In particular, IF-MIB contains Ethernet interface counters, which is what I think you are after.

For standard MIBs, object names are substituted for OIDs at the time of snmpwalk, so you first determine the interface of interest, and then find the corresponding counters. Below is an example.

Determine the if-index of the interface from the snmpwalk

IF-MIB::ifDescr.9 = STRING: wifi0
IF-MIB::ifDescr.3 = STRING: eth1_emac1

Identify counters for the if-index

IF-MIB::ifInOctets.3 = Counter32: 4089553984  (Input packets for eth)
IF-MIB::ifInOctets.9 = Counter32: 2579367802  (Input packets for wifi)
IF-MIB::ifInUcastPkts.3 = Counter32: 46461110 (Unicast packets for eth1_emac1)
IF-MIB::ifInUcastPkts.9 = Counter32: 61415436 (Unicast packets for wifi)

Note that these are all Counter32, as provided by Net-SNMP. We have no current plans to migrate to Counter64.

The MIMOSA-MIB-B5 file contains the relevant RF statistics from the Chains and Streams tables, and these are probably the most important things to monitor (Rx Power, SNR, PHY rates, MCS Index, EVM).

However, with B5-Lite firmware 1.3.1, we found and fixed a bug where SNMP did not return these properly. The fix will be available in the upcoming 1.4.0 release in a few weeks. There is a beta available now for those who need it, and it can be obtained by contacting support via chat or email.

Are there any other Cacti or pure SNMP experts out there on the community that would like to share their knowledge and experience here?

Buenas tardes, se tiene previsto poner Counter64 para poder graficar de manera completa el trafico?
Un saludo.

This thread is very old. Please create a new thread if you need assistance.