Ubiquiti M5 CPE's on A5

I have read a couple of posts that mention in passing that they are using A5 APs to service Ubiquiti M5 CPEs. I’m wondering what people’s experiences have been doing this. How many M5s have you run off of one A5? Does it handle lots of throughput to the M5s?
I’m planning on replacing a Rocket M5 with 50 clients on it with 2 radios, splitting the 120° sector into two smaller sectors. Since we’ve been leaning towards Mimosa, I’m trying to decide if this is a viable place for a pair of A5c’s or if I should stick with Rocket M5’s for now. I worry that with upwards of 30 M5’s on one A5 that I will suffer horrible hidden node issues. I expect to replace many of the M5s with C5s but don’t want the service to go completely to pot in the short run.

The A5 won’t even blink at 30 users. I’ve got 40 users, about half Mimosa and half Ubiquit, running on one right now and in the fall, that will probably hit 60 users or more. You won’t have an issue if you are delivering less than 50Mbps service quality with 60 users. You could easily go far more than that.

@Rory what Ubnt clients are you connecting to the A5 with?

All the M series products.

Same here, running 13 clients (all UBNT M5) and working great.
Speed packages for those 13 are 20Mbit, and 15Mbit, with just a few at 5Mbit.

Running great, plan to move up to 20 and let it test on that for a bit.

Matt Carpenter
Amarillo Wireless

Are you guys turning off AirMax or is it still on the UBNT CPE?

Any numbers on overall A5 throughput on these APs?

So the final word on this from us is that it’s okay if the users are less than 1.5 miles. We have even run as many as 64 radios on a single A5. However, Ubiquiti clients on the CPE and the A5 have to be set manually. We decided, mostly due to the time it takes to manage 50+ clients on the A5s and the fact we need to get SRS due to density, to simply leave the Ubiquiti and the Mimosa A5 running at the same time until all the clients get migrated.