2.4.6 Firmware B24 Has Been Released!

PSA
B24 Release Notes http://backhaul.help.mimosa.co/backhaul-release-notes-b24

Some new good stuff, looks like it is a good idea to reboot the Radios before doing the update. As normal, I will just be giving my summery of things I think are important and mentioning people who had brought up problems that had been solved or are now known issues.

• Added support for single channel operation using 20, 40 or 80 MHz 1x mode. This enables network designs with up to eight collinear links. (Not a beta feature anymore, beneficial for many people with low bandwidth applications)

• Several radio improvements have been introduced to increase performance and improve PHY rates when possible. (always a benefit :smiley:)

• Updated UK regulatory settings to restrict frequency of operation to 24.150 – 24.245 GHz. Depending on frequency usage prior to upgrade 2x80 operation many not function after upgrade. (This has been a known issue in the forums for a while, bummer for our UK Brethren lower power and smaller channels :cry:)

There were a couple guys who had reported issues with the B24, but I don’t know if this solves the issue, if you see other issues fixed (or introduced) by the patch please let us all know.

For your last comment, yes this build should take care of most, if not all of those folks having issues posted here on the Community!

Very good to hear. Thanks @DustinS

Hi
After the FW update, ping still leaves much to be desired.

200 packets transmitted, 200 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 3.955/10.770/337.045 ms

Target: -66.3 dBm
-66.0 dBm
PHY Tx/Rx (Mbps): 780 / 780
MAC Tx/Rx (Mbps): 527 / 527

|Center Frequency 1|24120 MHz|
|Center Frequency 2|24200 MHz|
|Channel Width|2x80|
|Tx Power|-13 dBm|
|Link Length|1.3 km / 4160 ft|

Yuri

@Yuri1, have you talked to Mimosa about this? I would assume you are pinging just through the B24 and the link is not near max load.

Yes.
The test was done without traffic. From B24 to B24.

Ahh, the same happens for me with my B11s, try pinging a computer/router just on the other side of the B24 from a computer/router. You will see much better ping results. I have <1 ms ping through my B11 when I am pinging my router (~8 miles away) but I get round-trip min/avg/max = 1.789/6.305/17.068 ms pinging directly from/to B11s.

@William5 is absolutely correct here. You should be pinging across the link from router to router and not to the radio or radio to radio.