This is just my summary of the notes and what I think is important. You can read the notes in their entirety here:
Note 1: I say C5# to refer to the entire C5/C5c/C5x Line.
Note 2: 2.5.4 is not for the A5x. Someday there will be one firmware version to rule them all, one firmware version to bind them and one firmware version to do diagnostics on, but not today.
Many of the features/fixes/improvements and such are platform wide, if there are unique differences then I will note them where I find them interesting.
- Some security fixes, Remote Code Execution, Cross Site Scripting as well as attacks that could be performed on A5/A5c radios if you were connected to the 2.4 GHz management. probably a good idea to update for these. Check the notes for more details.(Also, put a password on your 2.4 GHz management interfaces)
- FIX FOR C5 CLIENT REBOOTING WITH REASON “Ethernet Inactivity”. @Derek2, @Ardi, @Stuart7 I hope will all be happy about this solution.
- Some bugs that would cause random reboots in A5/A5c (including the error code 5000 issue) devices as well as a fix for people being unable to access the A5/A5c management page. @Cesar_Javier might be happy to hear his issue will be permanently fixed.
- Some ZTP and DHCP option-67 fixes, if you are using these you will probably want to update.
- Ability to connect to a Mimisa Self-hosted NMS. Are you tired of Mimosa spending buckets of money on Amazon hosting every month to host your data? Do you want to run a network that doesn’t touch the internet at all, but still want the Mimosa Cloud monitoring features? Then this is the beta for you. Note, you will want quite a bit of storage space for your server, minimally 100 GB and a touch of performance to keep things moving. Hit up @DustinS at his email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cloud account email and he will hook you up.
- Aggregate Tx and Rx PHY rate SNMP OIDs, a request I made to Mimosa personally a while back. @David6 might also be happy that some of his feature requests are being heard and taken care of.
- Channel Return Time, if you think your DFS channel should be clean and any hits you are going to get will be spurious, this feature is for you. I am not certain where I stand on this feature, your radio cannot return to the DFS channel for a minimum of 30 minutes and there is nothing preventing your radio from getting another hit again, so it just seems like a whole new set of problems, but then again… The more I think about it the more I like the idea… Maybe, I dunno, put your comments below about what you think of the feature.
- A5/A5c Devices may lose connectivity with Mimosa Cloud or Self-hosted NMS server at times due to network issues. If the device does not connect back, then disable and re-enable Cloud access in WebUI.
If you have your own thoughts about the Release Notes or new features, feel free to comment below. If you are having issues with the new firmware please post a new topic and don’t comment about it in this topic. This is my topic and my notes, I am not affiliated with Mimosa and my thoughts/feelings/actions are my own.