C5 PtP firmware

Maybe won’t be hard for the Mimosa team to implement C5 PtP firmware? As we know that the hardware for C5, C5c and C5x is the same. Probably you would say, why don’t you simply buy C5c or x? That should be an easy task I guess. The reason is that I already have more then 100 radios C5 and I would like to use them as PtP for a project. So my hope is that someone from Mimosa team will hear out my request and will help. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

The Mimosa C5 radio has been end of lifed for a long while now. There will be no PTP firmware for this radio.

I see. Thank you, Sir. Will you please confirm that the hardware of C5, C5c, and C5x is the same just in a different shell? C5c and C5x for sure it is. But I am not 100% sure about C5?

The C5 internals are much different than C5c and C5x. The C5c and C5x are pretty much the same board in different shells.

Dear Dustin,
Thank you for your input. I was looking for a solution over the Internet and I spotted that actually C5 is the hardware with B5-lite which also works perfectly for what I need the PtP option. I found this Mimosa Models Declaration Letter:

Date: April 8, 2015
RE: Models Declaration Letter
FCC ID: 2ABZJ-100-00010
To whom it may concern,
We, the undersigned, hereby declare that that the following models are similar:
B5-Lite
C5

The similarities and differences are outlined as below:

1. Similarities - Both C5 and B5-Lite are identical in all aspects of hardware and mechanical.
  2. Differences - The software UI is the only difference.
    Sincerely,
    Kevin Forbey / Hardware Engineer
    300 Orchard City Dr., Campbell, CA 95008
    kevin@mimosa.com / 408-628-1277 x140

Can you please provide a method to flash the C5 with B5-lite firmware and use them for the application I need?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Ivo Kaloyanov

SNET I.K. CONNECT CYPRUS

Mobile: + 357 99944162

https://connectcy.net