C5x 2.8.1 Firmware Issue

The 2.8.1 firmware is available on the web dashboard to upgrade the C5x PTP. However, after installing this firmware, the units will pass traffic, but won’t communicate with the web dashboard. I’m currently in the process of rolling them back to 2.8.0.4.

So, if the 2.8.1 firmware isn’t for the C5x PTP, then going to Update Firmware in the web dashboard shouldn’t offer it. If it is for the C5x PTP, then there’s a problem with it. Either way, there’s something that needs fixed.

Additional info: Rolling back to 2.8.0.4 did allow them to communicate with the Mimosa web Dashboard.

Seems like there is a bug, I don’t remember where I saw it, but I think there is a Beta firmware for fixing that. I will try to take a look tomorrow and see if I can dig up the resolution.

That said, 2.8.1 should support PTP operation just fine, bummer that you found a bug, but I have run into a few of my own from time to time. Mimosa is pretty responsive if you report it to them and they will get it fixed. (In my experience)

Thanks William. You’re on here so much, that I was thinking that maybe you worked for Mimosa. I’ll let them know.

Nope, just a joe shmo who uses Mimosa equipment and tries to help others, I work for solutions and likes around here.

Well, thank you. You help a lot. I’m sure others appreciate you also.

whats to easiest way to roll firmwares back? im having all kinds of issues on two ptp C5x on new 2.8.1 firmware and its driving me nuts. i moved to mimosa from ubiquiti so im still learning the mimosa

The easiest way was to pick the older firmware in the dashboard and tell it to “update” to that firmware, assuming the device is seen on the dashboard. If your C5x is in PtP mode, the older firmware is no longer available on the dashboard.

If you can’t use the dashboard to do the update, then download the firmware and connect to the unit. Use the built-in firmware update option to transfer the file to the unit.

If you need an older firmware that’s not on the web site, then you’ll need to contact support to get the file.

1 Like

thanks s much for that quick reply. i surely should be able to handle that.

You can also download the firmware to your local computer, and upload it that way…
Of course this means you have direct access to the radio. But, it is another method.

Thank ya Bryan3 for that info. I’ve actually got it back on the latest firmware and so far it’s working flawlessly :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t2:

Hola, disculpas que escriba en español.
Abri un post acerca de algo que tiene que ver con estos comentarios.
Tengo un enlace con estos radios c5x ver. 2.5.2 y quiero testear las ultimas versiones.
Tengo el problema que en otro radio hice un upgrade a 2.8.1 pero ahora no puedo regresar a la 2.5.2.
Alguien me puede ayudar por favor ?
Escribi al soporte pero no me responden.
Muchas gracias