C5x firmware 2.11.0.1

After updating 2.11.0.1 firmware C5x doesn’t reachable for configuration what should I do ?

How did you update it? How are you trying to reach it? What’s it connected to? Is it PTP or PTMP?

You should update the far end first, so that if it’s not reachable, then when you update the near end, they will reconnect. If you updated the near end first, then the far end may not be reachable across the wireless link. If that’s the case, you’ll have to go to the other end and connect to that network to access the far unit.

If this is PTMP, then the newest firmware I see for the A5/A5c is 2.5.5.1. So, if that’s what you’re connected to, you may need to roll the C5x back to that version. If you can’t reach it via the wireless link, then you’ll have to connect to the network at the C5x end so that you can attach to it from there.

If you do need to go to the other end of the wireless link to send firmware to the unit, download the desired firmware first so that you can copy it from your laptop to the unit since it won’t connect to the dashboard to get the update itself.

It’s PTP in my hand not joined network yet, after update firmware it’s not reachable more

The default IP is 192.168.1.20 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0. Since you were able to update the firmware, you probably already know this. However, one thing to be careful of is if there’s a DHCP server on the network segment you’re using. If so, the C5x may get its IP address from DHCP instead of using its default IP address.

Try a factory reset and see if it will come up and let you connect. The instructions to do that can be found here.
http://backhaul.help.mimosa.co/backhaul-faq-c5c-c5x-ptp-reset

1 Like