Mimosa b5c lan port issue!

HELLO!

I BOUGHT 1 PAIR OF MIMOSA, I HAVE LINK 54KM, THE STATION DOESNT HAVE A PROBLEM, ALL ARE WORKING WELL EVEN THE ETHERNET IS GETTING 1GBPS SPEED EVEN I USE CHEAP CABLE NO DROPPING! THEN THE AP HAS GIVEN ME ETHERNET PROBLEM LIKE DROPPING CONNECTION AND STABLIZE AT 100MBPS, I TRIED THE FOLLOWING:

CHANGE CABLE WIRE
CHANGE POE
CHANGE RJ45
NETWORK INTERFACE TO FIXED MODE 1GBPS
FACTORY RESET
DOWNGRADE FIRMWARE

AND STILL HAS THIS PROBLEM!
ITS VERY FRUSTRATING!!!
I DONT HAVE PROBLEM LIKE THIS ON C5C EVEN I USE CHEAP, NOT TRUE COPPER CABLE!!!

THIS B5C IS EXPENSIVE COMPARE TO C5C, AND YET HAS ISSUE ON LAN!!!

:smiling_face_with_tear:

@charlie1, I understand that you are frustrated, I get it. I am more then happy to see what I can do, but have you tried contacting Mimosa support?

Some more questions that will help out:
Have you tried a different B5c?

How long is the cable run? (I am not saying that it’s the problem, I see that you mentioned C5c radios multiple times, I just need to get some ideas about the installation so I can be helpful)

Is the radio on a tower with other equipment? If so, what? (Other Mimosa radios like C5c, FM/AM transmitters, other electrical equipment)

hello the length of wire is only 24meters, and 1 c5c radio below my 5bc about 2 meters apart.

Sheez, well there goes the easy options.

How old is the B5c?

almost 2 weeks of usage.

@charlie1 I posted this kind of issue also here… and what solves my problem are: 1. Proper grounding on the radio. 2. I used ubnt though cable, with ubnt rj45

This problem also frustrates me for almost 2 weeks

Bought 1 pair of MIMOSA, I have a 15KM link, no problem with the station, all working ok even ethernet is getting 1GBPS speed even I don’t use cheap cable! Then AP gave me ethernet problem like drop connection there is no lan port, i tried all,i changed cable , rj45 ,Lan Cable, also changed switch also tried in laptop but No lan cable still showing…and my cable length is not too much just 30 meters .
When I test it indoors, it works fine, when hanging on the tower the LAN port unplugged option remains. And after hanging outdoor only lan cable shows in CPU,but not show in any switch not in laptop even not in 4011.
at the same tower I’m using 4 links of c5c there’s no any issue in C5c all working good .

Well, the specs on the B5c says it is powered via PoE. It doesn’t show an alternate power source. So, if you’re able to read from the built-in web page on the B5c, I’m guessing you’re getting power to it via the Ethernet cable. This means that you’re making at least a partial connection. If any of the pins 1, 2, 3, or 6 isn’t working, you’ll probably get a “no cable” error. If pins 4, 5, 7, or 8 weren’t working, you should simply fall back to a 100 Mbps connection. Also, if you’re getting that error but can read the device’s web page, I suspect you’re reading it across the wireless link, correct? If not, then it sounds as if it may be a bogus error message.

If it works in the lab, but not on the tower, could it be the weight of the Ethernet cable pulling back on it just enough that it’s not making a proper connection in the socket? This seems unlikely, but it’s a possible difference to look at. I could see this as a possible problem inside the RJ45 connector on the cable also. It may test fine unloaded, but fail when the cable is hanging from the connector. Also, while the cable wire map may show it connecting properly, verify that one of the wires in the cable doesn’t have high resistance. If it does, it can cause a problem with the PoE. I don’t see this very often, but I have seen it.

Unless someone can come up with something else or it appears to be a bogus message, as mentioned above, then I’d suggest contacting Mimosa support directly.