Weird figures after heavy rain

Hi, we are running a 45km link with 2 c5c and 31db dishes. We have been happy so far, but last week after a heavy rain we have had important signal losses. I went and checked the alignment, while doing it i remarked that horizontal polarization went one or twice but got back then after.
We still have no success with the performance and a weird part is that c5c at both ends won’t show the same signal values (-62 at one end, -74 at the other end, exact same equipments). How can that be?

Hi Antoine,

May I ask what dish are you using? Thanks

Maybe water in the connectors? Could also be something blocking your signal?

We are using Deltalink dishes, it is a middle eastern brand I think (we are in Turkey), they make good stuff for very decent price.

Yes, after consulting a senior expert here in parallel, he also advised controlling the antenna cables and connectors for water leaks. I will control this point this afternoon. I hope no water has made its way into the antenna itself…
Nothing was blocking the signal, I triple checked it and trimmed some of the trees that were the closest to the los as first precaution.

If you have any problem to link Mimosa in Bangladesh, you can contact me. I will give 95% strong link. + 8801915915186, goutom124@gmail.com

Problem solved… Changed antenna cables and c5c with no success, changed the enormous 32db antenna for a 34db rocketdish and the link has never been better before… Water leak into the antenna is our main suspicion…

1 Like